*go crazy with me*
*everything here are random thoughts of a crazy mind*

Monday, August 17, 2009

Stream to scream??

It was saturday morning that i have to go to the office to meet my agents for a huddle when i heard a shocking and interesting news --- Stream Global contact center merge with Etelecare GS.
I guess I was the one who's updated instead of me updating agents on what to do with their calls.

I watched the agents' reactions when their Team Leader was carefully breaking the the news and seems like preparing himself for more violent reactions, but lo and behold, all they did was give a sigh of disappointment, grin and most of them have no reactions at all!

In general most of the agents around me are worried. There are so many "what if" questions going around and a very complex "what-will-happend-to-us?" look in the face. It's the same case here on the support department. Numerous rumors are going around and it is somehow making us think of ourselves and for some, their growth in this industry.

Personally, I am disappointed. The fact that Etelecare can no longer stand on its own means something really big. I was once not that proud working on a BPO industry not until i've experience the Etelecare culture and their drive to make a mark world wide. I must admit that right now i'm not that fully happy with my work, what more now that a lot of changes are going on and it's getting worst than i can think of. I'm not saying that Stream is a bad company or anything like that, I don't know anything about them so I can't really say anything good or bad about them. What I care for (for whatever reason) is the company i'm in right now.
Will they increase our pay? Is that one of the reason why we'll no longer have our PA? Does that mean that new hires get to have more pay thatn those whose working here like the entire of their lives? Where have all our good and great boss gone? Why most of them left us? Is it that worst that you need to consider other company and leave us hanging? Will it be more hard for us to get promoted? What's the next step??
All i know...we just have to expect the worst and hope for the best.

I want to blame it on global recession and we are directly affected by that. Yet there's nothing I can do but be thankful because I still have a job to keep.

The only thing all of us have is the hope that Stream will not have a bad effects on Etelecare or vice versa. We hope that nothing really big will be compromised by this decision.

Cross our fingers!Ü

1 comment:

Patrick said...

I also don't know what to make of that merging thing. I hope it's for the good.

Powered By Blogger