*go crazy with me*
*everything here are random thoughts of a crazy mind*

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

PIMP

PIMP: Pronunciation: \pimp\ Function: noun Etymology: probably akin to British dialect pimp small bundle of sticks, Middle English pymple papule, German Pimpf young boy, kid, literally, little fart, Pumpf, Pumps fart Date: 1600 : a man who solicits clients for a prostitute
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/pimp


It all starts with a joke and I always love to play as a pimp to some of my friends. I love to pretend how I would sell them to some rich man and woman for us to earn extra cash, especially when we have to wait a few days before our pay day.

Then a joke turns out to be something not really funny after learning something that happens on the dark street on some parts of Manila. The thing is, teenagers are playing this role, ain’t for fun but for something they thought to be a serious sh*t. It’s a documentary aired by GMA-7 on I-Witness (a documentary show), telling the story how a group of teenagers actually make a living out of pimpin’ there friends, who happened to be the same age as theirs.
As early as 13 years old, they literally sell themselves to earn P30 per customer and I was pretty alarmed to learn that some of them are being sold by their own boyfriends! How funny is that huh?!

I was surprised how these kids’ starts to be in the prostitute industry without really learning the values of why and how do they have to do that. I don’t really see the value of that industry but I respect those people because I know, they do that for a cause: to survive in this jungle called life. Yet those teenagers should be under their parents consent. They should face the battle not by selling their bodies to the perverts lurking on the dark alleys taking advantage of their youth but to enrich their minds for their future. What alarms me the most is they are not being forced to do that, they choose to sell and be sold to other people in return for what?! P30 or roughly about 60 cents (in dollars)!!!

When will these kids learn the value of themselves?

This truly reflects that there’s a lack of support from their parents, the people around them and even the government to awaken their thoughts and provide them what they really need. Teenage years for me is a critical stage because it’s when they usually struggle a lot when in comes with seeking help from their family, learning what they want for their future, and others stuff like conforming with the norms and finding their true selves, plus the fact that they are fragile and at the same time fearless to try anything --- EVERYTHING!!!

I myself can’t do anything to save their ass, but there is something I can do. I have a brother who happened to be a teenager, a niece and nephew that I can help. I can’t be too strict to them or even let them do whatever they want, it’s a mixture of both. Believe me, they wanted to be reprimanded as well and needs tons of reminders! I should know, I’m a teenager once in my life! Ü

Oh well…I don’t feel pity for those kids who sell themselves out of their will because I know time will come they will learn one great lesson in their life … the hardest way! I just hope they will all be saved as early as possible.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger