*go crazy with me*
*everything here are random thoughts of a crazy mind*

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Not quitting...just moving on...

When one of my good boss rendered her resignation, i asked her almost all the questions she threw at me during the moment i'm giving her my own resignation letter.

"Bakit mo kami iiwan?"
"bakit ka aayaw?"
"San ka pupunta pag nag-resign ka?"
"Why will you quit?"

All she said was, "hindi naman kita iiwan eh...and i'm not quitting, i'm moving on...". I thought it was just one of her silly excuse just for me to stop asking her questions and a hint that she's really decided and not a single soul can stop her.

Yet now, I'm starting to fully understand her. Quitting is only the thing done by those who don't want to face challenges in life; it's true that quitters are losers. They just give up simply because they want to.

Moving on is a different story. One has faced the challenges, got beaten, somehow won the gameand along the process didn't see the purpose of staying and fighting. The reasons one thought of could alter, and find the real value of what one is doing changed along the hardships faced. Then when one moves on, they drop their weapons and get a different weapon to use for another battle.

2 comments:

Jojo said...

gryz,
We would always want a job that will make a career. Unfortunately, not all companies can give that. It is never wrong to do a leap off so that u may see yourself more successful. Let's enjoy life.

Patrick said...

Very well said Jojo. Hope you still remember me dude. :D

@gryz: That's funny. I also got the same questions when I made the decision to resign. Mukhang standard na yata talagang questions yan para dun sa mga aalis. hehe!

Powered By Blogger