*go crazy with me*
*everything here are random thoughts of a crazy mind*

Thursday, September 23, 2010

“MOVING OUT SALE!”

That’s all me and my roomie have to see and we went "gaga" on checking out what’s in store for us on that lovely event. It’s like treasure hunting, the girls’ way, as we find someone’s "garbage" our very own "precious".

So we thought of buying the entertainment set: TV rack, DVD player, TV and speaker…then came our desire to have our own fridge, which makes the situation worst because, now, we’re confused on what to spend on and thought really hard why buy any of those stuff.

I checked on my budget and only to discover that I don’t have enough money to buy any of the two!! Now that worsen the situation. See, I’m a spender only on the things I think worth spending for. It took me months…ok, years to learn not to be a compulsive buyer and spend less on clothes, food, going to events, weekend night outs and food again. It took me time to realize the value of saving and I’m now practicing of "segregating" my earning on what to save on and which to splurge for. I’m starting to be a "budget driven on every way I can think of" and it’s just sad that either of the things we want on that sale is not part of my budget! I threw my credit card away, and have my wallet on a strict diet as possible!

While we’re facing a dilemma on which to buy, that will fit OUR budget, my roomie and I still decided to set an appointment to meet the people who’s on for the "Moving Out Sale". They live just across our building, and met the lovely couple, as we "visit" their place and "took a good look" on what other things we can buy, which we can use on our own place. The search for that something essential for us is on! The fridge and the TV set was sold so here are some things we considered buying:
Prospect #1: The dining Table. Prospect #2: The sala set. Prospect #3: Some Christmas decors. I thought of haggling and had a discussion with myself if "is it worth it?". It was once stated at The Analects that "Twice is plenty enough", but with all the good stuff I see at the four corner of the room, hell! Twice is not enough, because it’s making me think thrice, four times, to really decide on what to buy.

Then at one glance at the center table ended our predicament! There, something that made me and my roomie smile! We just knew it…it’s worth every cent we have on our pocket and damn so entertaining. So I sat down, take a good look, asked my roomie if she like it too, received a nod, held it in my hands and it made me feel great as ever! One, two…oh no…5 back-issues of every woman’s bible: Cosmopolitan magazine! We just knew it…our own treasure worth keeping for only P20 each!! We handed the pretty lady our cash and went back happily to our own pad. See, we didn’t go home empty handed after all!



So now, which article to begin….Ü

No comments:

Powered By Blogger